The Faecal Multiplex PCR stool test can detect 13 enteric pathogens responsible for both viral and protozoal gastroenteritis within a single assay.
Viruses included in the assay are:
- Norovirus G1
- Norovirus G2
- Rotavirus A
- Cryptosporidium species
- Giardia intestinalis
- Entamoeba histolytica
- Dientamoeba fragilis
- Blastocystis hominis
- Distinguish between patients with Inflammatory bowel disease and Irritable bowel disease
- Determine disease activity and risk of relapse in IBD patients, and assess the level of mucosal healing
- Help to identify patients with abdominal symptoms who may require further investigative procedures
After the practitioner has provided a request form, the patient can order their Faecal Multiplex PCR kit online at befunctional.com.au/store. Each test kit contains full instructions.
Stool Sample - Home testing kit
The test kits provided contain everything required to complete the test.
- Patients must follow their usual diet prior to collecting a stool specimen
- The stool specimen must be collected in the morning, where possible. Otherwise, the first bowel movement of the day.
- If the patient is currently taking antibiotics, only proceed with this collection two weeks after the patient can completed the course of probiotic therapy.
- Natural laxatives can be used if constipation is a problem. This includes herbal and nutritional supplements. Do not use pharmaceutical laxatives as these medications can alter test results.
The standard turnaround time for this test is 10-14 business days.
Additional $20.00 postage & handling fee applies to this test.
Prepayment is required when ordering test kit.
- Intestinal Permeability (IP)
- Complete Digestive Stool Analysis (CDSA)
- FoodPrint Food Sensitivity Testing