IMPORTANT: Hormone samples are required to be dropped off at one of our Accredited Collection Centres, currently available in Victoria, South Australia, NSW, WA and NT. Visit our Collection Centre Locator page to find one closest to you.
This profile looks at key reproductive hormones that are important to men's health. The profile also includes Cortisol testing that is taken from samples collected throughout the day. This is a useful test for male patients that are suspected to have issues with the hypothalamus/pituitary axis in association with overall male hormone and adrenal function.
This test combines the analyses of the Adrenal Hormone Profile and the Male Baseline Hormone Profile.
- Oestrone (E1)
- Oestradiol (E2)
- Cortisol (4 times of the day)
After the practitioner has provided a request form, the patient can order their Baseline & Adrenal Hormone Profile at befunctional.com.au/store
Saliva Samples - Home Testing Kit
The test kits provided contain everything required to complete the test.
Patients are required to hand deliver samples to an Australian Clinical Labs Collection Centre.
- Avoid alcohol 12 hours prior to collection
- Do not brush teeth or apply make-up/lipstick prior to saliva collection
- It is recommended that patients fast for one hour (no food or drink, except water) before collecting saliva
- If the patient is taking any medication or supplements please consult with their healthcare practitioner prior to commencing this test
Standard turnaround time is 10-14 business days.
Additional $20.00 postage & handling fee applies to this test.
Prepayment is required when ordering test kit.