IMPORTANT: Hormone samples are required to be dropped off at one of our Accredited Collection Centres, currently available in Victoria, South Australia, NSW, WA and NT. Visit our Collection Centre Locator page to find one closest to you.
This test looks at important reproductive hormones in males as well as cortisol to help assess whether there are issues with adrenal health.
- Oestrone (E1)
- Oestradiol (E2)
After the practitioner has provided a request form, the patient can order their test kit online at befunctional.com.au/store
Saliva Samples - Home Testing Kit
The test kits provided contain everything required to complete the test.
Patients are required to hand deliver samples to an Australian Clinical Labs Collection Centre.
- Avoid alcohol 12 hours prior to collection
- Do not brush teeth or apply make-up/lipstick prior to saliva collection
- It is recommended that the patient fast for one hour. No smoking, food or drink (except water) before collecting saliva samples
- If the patient is using hormone creams, wait 12 hours after the last dose before collecting saliva
- If the patient uses a troche (a small lozenge placed in the mouth), wait 3 days after the last dose before collecting saliva
Standard turnaround time is 10-14 business days.
Additional $20.00 postage & handling fee applies to this test.
Prepayment is required when ordering test kit.